Friday, April 24, 2009

The Fumes

Paint is to home projects, kid rooms, and old furniture as hoop skirts were to women - it hides a multitude of sins. And boy, have I been covering up sins lately. For the past few days I have been totally re-doing the room my two youngest share. Painting the walls two different colors, painting their furniture and even painting the floor. Yup. All the furniture, the shelving unit, every little toy, is smushed into one half of their room as the first half of the floor dries and their dressers are out at the base of the driveway right outside the garage door in the middle of being painted.
Within a week I leave for Paris and my middle daughter leaves for camp and I am determined to have this done.
Even if it makes me want to shake kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment